Thursday, 3 November 2011

I Weep For Today's Parents...

The innocence of children is both a blessing, and a curse...

Primary kids were at the school for rehearsal in the hall for tomorrow & Saturday evening's performance.

Couple of them noticed that the frame of my glasses is cracked. One said to me, "Uncle, your glasses is broken", to which I smiled and replied, "Yes I know, thanks for telling me".

He then asked, "why don't you get a new pair?". Before I can answer, his schoolmate who were next to him butt in and asked, "Uncle, is it because you don't have money to buy new one? My mother said hawkers are poor people and don't have money for a lot of things."

I just smiled and said, "Yes uncle is poor, not like your parents".

I weep for how parents nowadays are bringing up their children...

2 comments:

Chindiana said...

eh update lerrrrr. wanna read more bout your adventures in the land below the wind..

Nex said...

Work, workout, eat, sleep, repeat.

There you go :D