Monday, 30 January 2012

My Fitness Journey Thus Far...

This post was originally intended for the last day of 2011, but I decided to delay it till now because I realised I wouldn't be painting an accurate picture, since at that time I've just completed my initial bulking stage, and my body was water-laden due to the supplements I have been taking.

So I decided to wait until I could shed most of that water weight and thus portray a truer form of my progress.

Without further ado, this is what I have accomplished since I started my journey in earnest on June 26 2011.

Me on the first day of my training with Antonio Battistessa on 26th June,2011

Me with Kevin Soh at Cruz Fitness & Fight Station on 22nd January, 2012

Note my above statement 'started my journey in earnest'; that's when I push things into high gear, and devoted every waking moment, and every ounce of energy towards my goal. My journey, however, started way back in March 2010.

With that in mind, I'd like to pay tribute for the people who got me started either because of their own fitness pursuits, giving me advice/help, or training me.

In chronological order:

Massy & Cubex - It was you guys' fat loss journey that propelled me to start slimming down. Seeing your progress greatly helped me maintain my momentum, and motivation.

Daniel - A man of few words, but you are a critical factor in giving me the nudge in the right direction when I hit several obstacles.

Julian - The man who actually kickstarted my fitness regime. Without your early KF sessions, I would never have gotten off my butt and started exercising regularly. Your calm and gentle demeanor, even in the face of adversity and overwhelming negativity, is a great inspiration; and the sacrifices you went through to keep KF up and running proved to me that there ARE sincere, genuinely helpful people in this world.

Fara - Thanks to your post looking for people to join your PT session with Michelle Koh; and subsequently for allowing me to be in the group although you were initially looking for females to join your group, I was able to see the true benefits of having a Personal Trainer.

Michelle - My 1st personal trainer. Thanks to you, Michelle, I got in shape, and gained confidence to push my training into high gear.

Joanna - Your constant positive attitude has been a guiding light and inspiration. You introduced me to HIIT before HIIT was cool.

Antonio - My 2nd personal trainer, who gave me THE most grueling workout to date. My stamina, endurance and strength all improved tremendously after just one month's training. You gave me the foundation to achieve the various long term goals I have set for myself, and the lowdown on what I may, or may not achieve, without candy-coating it. I look forward to another month of grueling training with you again later this year.

Rendy - Words are insufficient to express how much you motivated me, since i know what you went through in the past year, and still managed to make time to join me for my training sessions. Both your company, and the circumstances under which you managed to get fit, kept me going during the many times I nearly gave up.

Emilio - My 3rd and current personal trainer. Thanks for unreservedly sharing your experience and techniques with me, and making sure my complete my workout even when it means staying longer than you are supposed to. I look forward to our next session together.

CRUZ Fitness+ Fight St. - Thanks for the constant motivational posts which are highly motivating. Although I've only joined a few of the sessions, seeing videos and photos of the workout sessions always get me pumped up for my own workouts.

Alpha Wolf - You guys really put the fun back into working out. And your 'never-back-down-even-in-the-pouring-rain' attitude really made my excuses for not wanting to train look lame...

Also a bigh thank you to all others who have give me advise, and shared their experiences and workout techniques with me; all of you are a part of my journey, and will forever be remembered.

I hope this post shows you that whatever your goal in life, it CAN be done.

Also know that you don't have to do it alone; go find like-minded people who will inspire, motivate & support you, either through their own achievements, or their attitude.

As for me, I still have a long way to go, so the journey continues...

To top it off, here's a video of me flipping a 220Kg tyre, taken in earlier January:

(I couldn't even lift, let alone flip a 180Kg tyre last November XD)

1 comment:

Chindiana said...

Looking good dude! You can now add MANLY RIPPED Moutain Man Jedi to your resume :P